Erectile dysfunction is defined as an inability to achieve or maintain an erection long enough to have satisfactory sex, and it affects many men worldwide (about 40% of those are over 40 years). Knowing the cause of ED can be a good start to try to solve it. In this article, you will find out which are the potential causes of erectile dysfunction and what type of treatments are the most efficient.
- Lifestyle: Bad lifestyle choices can also be the cause of erectile dysfunction. For instance, smoking can disrupt the mechanisms of erection by progressively blocking the small arteries. Alcohol abuse may affect the erection by soothing your nervous system. A high-fat diet can also cause harm to your overall health and promote an erectile dysfunction.
- Psychological Factors: stress, guilt and depression are some of the main psychological factors that can cause harm to the erectile function.
- Surgery: If you have had undergone a surgical intervention in the pelvic area it’s possible that the nerves and arteries that maintain an erection were damaged during the intervention.
- Diseases: There are many diseases which can lead to erectile dysfunction, such as diabetes, vascular or neurological, multiple sclerosis, kidney disease and many more.
- Drugs: Antihypertensives, anti-cancer drugs, antidepressants, estrogen, tranquilizers and other pills and supplement can affect erection.
- When to see a doctor
If the ED continues for more than a few weeks, you should see a doctor. Your overall health will be taken into consideration because it may be a sign of a more serious condition, such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension or something else. There are also many websites that can provide solution to erectile dysfunction, but it’s more convenient to consult a doctor specialized in this field.
- Efficient treatments
Changing lifestyle: Some changes in lifestyle can improve symptoms and sometimes cure the disease completely such as exercising, reducing stress, avoiding alcohol and tobacco. If the patient is overweight or obese, weight loss can really help.
Drugs: the most common drugs to treat erectile dysfunction are phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors (PDE-5) . For example Viagra (Sildenafil), Levitra (Vardenafil), Cialis (Tadalafil), etc. If you are worried about ingesting the synthetic substances that these supplements contain, you can opt for VigRX, which has similar effects but much safer to use. VigRX contains natural ingredients so you don’t have to worry about severe side effects.
Vacuum pumps: the mechanism is simple: a plastic tube is connected to a pump. The vacuum draws blood into the penis, causing an erection. In most instances, they are generally effective for about 90% of men with erectile dysfunction.